How to send avax from MetaMask to avax wallet?
Avax is the native cryptocurrency of avalanche, the fastest smart contract functionality in the blockchain world in which developers can build decentralized applications. As of the recent data, it has been found that AVAX can process 4,500 transactions per second, whereas Ethereum is still at 14 transactions per second.
The procedure to send your AVAX from your MetaMask wallet to your avax wallet is pretty simple. We have discussed the detailed steps in the following section of this article.
This article will give a rundown of the two most popular Avalanche wallets. So, let’s get started.
First, let’s see how to send avax from MetaMask to the avalanche wallet
- go to https://wallet.avax.network and click on create a new wallet(if you already have one, then click on access wallet)
- On your portfolio page, copy the c chain address
- go to your MetaMask wallet and choose the avax network
- click on send
- paste the c chain address and choose the amount of avax that you want to send
- Click on send and confirm your transaction
Congratulations! Now you know how to send avax from MetaMask to your avax wallet.
Now let’s see how to send your avax from MetaMask to another avax wallet called a core wallet.
The core wallet is the Chrome browser extension wallet for the Avalanche network. The Core wallet merges avalanche dApps, nft, bridges, and subnets into one wallet!
Now let’s send avax from MetaMask to the core wallet.
- Install the core wallet extension and create a new wallet (or if you already have one, click on access existing wallet)
- after accessing your wallet, click on receive
- copy the c chain address
Now, continue from step 4 of the previous tutorial and confirm your transaction.
There are so many avax wallets out there, but these two are the easiest to use if you want to use other wallets like coin98, make sure to use the c chain address for your transaction. The steps to send avax from meta mask to your wallet are mostly the same.
In this article, we tried to show you the simplest way to send avax from MetaMask to avax wallet. Web wallets are not as safe as hardware wallets, but with good management and best practices, funds will be secure.
Since MetaMask supports a vast majority of networks and can store different currencies, using it to send your avax to your avax wallet is super easy.